1936 Chevy Coupe Doors

Sep 11, 2017 9:00 PM - 214 Views Create A New Thread

Builder's Corner

By Contact Information
sradmin

Rosharon, TX

1936 Chevy Coupe Doors
I am working on the doors on my 36 Chevy coupe. I believe the 36 is an early 36 with wood frames. The wood has been removed and replaced with steel tubing. The issue is that the door stick out at the bottom. Some of the old Chevys had turn buckles on the doors that pulled the bottoms in for a better fit. Any ideas on correcting this issue?

1936 Chevy Coupe Doors Willie Moore StreetRodding become a member today

SHARE THIS THREAD

StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.

Comments
  • Bill33
    Sep 12, 2017 at 2:32 PM

• Can you post a picture of the inside structure? It almost looks like a twist from top to bottom in that picture. Try putting a 2x4 block between the head of the door and the body and give a few good pushes on the bottom of the door. Be careful, but you might be able to get a lot of it like that. On my '37 Ford, we cut the interior diagonal brace loose, pushed the door in until it was parallel to the body, then welded up the brace again.

• tazhog54
    Sep 12, 2017 at 12:41 PM

• cut the tube below the latch and re-weld it as pushing in on the bottom of the door do a tack weld to check , if in enough ! that way you can cut and bend more and tack again till you get it right !

• blade58
    Sep 12, 2017 at 10:15 AM

• Current pic shows more then 2/3 of the door sticking out , top portion sits decent, does the latch have adjustment,I had to adjust my doors and place a 2x4 opposite end to spring the door into place, it may take several attempts

Sign in to comment.

Find Your Street Rod

For Sale

new 1932 ford grill shell steel and chrome insert
New $325.00 Free Shipping (, ) Oct 09

Toyota captain seats
Used Excellent $150.00 +$0.00 Shipping (Versailles, KY) Oct 01

1950-1959 Chevrolet Rochester B Type Carburetor *Remanufactured
New $299.95 Free Shipping (El Monte, CA) Jul 28

Connect With Us

Advertisers

Quick Links