Door Glass Runner
Aug 5, 2018 3:36 PM - 170 Views Create A New Thread
The gentleman that passed away, and restored my car did a fairly good job, but now I'm doing some things to the car I want to change, and some maintenance items. The front door glass runners need replaced. Get this, he pulled the venta-payne assemblies before repaint, and replaced the belt line whiskers, venta-payne seals, and the rear window quarter seals. Why he didn't replace the front glass runners while he had that all apart is a mystery to me.
At any rate, I have the unit out, and my factory manual only goes so far, so I'm hoping someone here can offer advice, that has made this repair before.
At the top, that tab with two screw holes in it (it's bent over on them a bit), do I cut that off? Where do the screws go? The front runners I got from concourse are for Conv / Retract 55 - 59, so maybe this gets cut off, for my model. Obviously the unit just slips out of that chrome channel on the venta-payne assembly itself, but at the bottom (actually the middle of the new part overall) is the unit just attached with pressure rivets that are wedged into the casting to stabilize the door glass runner? How do I separate that from the casting? ...use a small chisel very carefully, perhaps?
You get the idea...Whatever you can tell me will help.
SHARE THIS THREAD
StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.
Aug 14, 2018 at 6:22 AM
- Any luck?
Aug 8, 2018 at 6:49 AM
- Take a look at this video its informative . you don't have to buy expensive tooling that you may use one time ,I am sure after reviewing the video you will see a simple hammer and anvil will work as one option, hope this helps you out https://youtu.be/1hB3rIECtxM
Aug 7, 2018 at 5:37 PM
- FYI, my pop-rivet tool won't get the job done.
Aug 7, 2018 at 5:37 PM
- That 2 1/2" or 3" rivet tool, and some rivets...where can I get one without paying $253?
Aug 7, 2018 at 8:07 AM
- From what I can see , drill out the rivet, , pull old unit out match it with the new one .adjust tab to match test fit and insert rubber end cap. if all is good then pull out the rubber end piece and rivet in with supplied rivet. hope you have the right tools for this type of rivet.
Aug 6, 2018 at 6:33 PM
- Gee Gene, no answers yet? I would help if I knew more info about your car.
Sign in to comment.