Door Glass Runner

Aug 5, 2018 3:36 PM - 170 Views Create A New Thread

General Discussions

By Contact Information

Pickerington, OH

door glass
The gentleman that passed away, and restored my car did a fairly good job, but now I'm doing some things to the car I want to change, and some maintenance items. The front door glass runners need replaced. Get this, he pulled the venta-payne assemblies before repaint, and replaced the belt line whiskers, venta-payne seals, and the rear window quarter seals. Why he didn't replace the front glass runners while he had that all apart is a mystery to me.

At any rate, I have the unit out, and my factory manual only goes so far, so I'm hoping someone here can offer advice, that has made this repair before.

At the top, that tab with two screw holes in it (it's bent over on them a bit), do I cut that off? Where do the screws go? The front runners I got from concourse are for Conv / Retract 55 - 59, so maybe this gets cut off, for my model. Obviously the unit just slips out of that chrome channel on the venta-payne assembly itself, but at the bottom (actually the middle of the new part overall) is the unit just attached with pressure rivets that are wedged into the casting to stabilize the door glass runner? How do I separate that from the casting? ...use a small chisel very carefully, perhaps?

You get the idea...Whatever you can tell me will help.

SHARE THIS THREAD Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.

  • blade58
    Aug 14, 2018 at 6:22 AM

  • Any luck?

  • blade58
    Aug 8, 2018 at 6:49 AM

  • Take a look at this video its informative . you don't have to buy expensive tooling that you may use one time ,I am sure after reviewing the video you will see a simple hammer and anvil will work as one option, hope this helps you out

  • GeneF
    Aug 7, 2018 at 5:37 PM

  • FYI, my pop-rivet tool won't get the job done.

  • GeneF
    Aug 7, 2018 at 5:37 PM

  • That 2 1/2" or 3" rivet tool, and some rivets...where can I get one without paying $253?

  • blade58
    Aug 7, 2018 at 8:07 AM

  • From what I can see , drill out the rivet, , pull old unit out match it with the new one .adjust tab to match test fit and insert rubber end cap. if all is good then pull out the rubber end piece and rivet in with supplied rivet. hope you have the right tools for this type of rivet.

  • 32 Dodge
    Aug 6, 2018 at 6:33 PM

  • Gee Gene, no answers yet? I would help if I knew more info about your car.

Sign in to comment.

Find Your Street Rod

For Sale

Ford Stepside Truck RR OEM Used Fender 1953-1972 - $250
Used Excellent $250.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

Bomber Rat Rod Hot Rod Seat (Original 1950) - $550
Used Fair $550.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

NOS 1949-1950-51 Mercury quarter panel - $1000
New $1,000.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

1949 1950 1951 Mercury trunk - $450
Used Good $450.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

1949 Chevy car grille - $450
Used Good $450.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

Selling a hood for $115. Fits 1946,1947, and 1948 Fords.
Used Good $115.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

1941,1942,1946,1947,1948 Ford car curved back glass. Good original.
Used Good $45.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

Running Ford Flathead 59A-B Engine - $2500
Used Good $2,500.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

59AB Flathead V-8 and Transmission out of a 1940 Ford Sell/Trade
Used Fair $1.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

1938 Ford Trunk Lid Hinges (Pair) - $55
Used Good $55.00 Buyer Pay Shipping (Rosharon, TX) Jun 17

Connect With Us


Quick Links