Internal or external balance

Apr 15, 2018 8:23 AM - 777 Views Create A New Thread

Builder's Corner

By Contact Information

Grass Valley, CA

I need to purchase a manual stick flywheel for a late 80,s Ford engine that had an automatic transmission. I don't have the original flexplate to look at. So my question is do I need something with external weights to balance the engine, or is it internal?
The engine is going into a 1971 Ford Bronco.

SHARE THIS THREAD Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.

  • Alf
    Apr 16, 2018 at 7:27 PM

  • I found this number on the bottom side of the block

    I think this means it is a 1989 351w. Now I need to know what I need in the way of a flywheel for a standard transmission.

  • Alf
    Apr 15, 2018 at 8:18 PM

  • As near as I can read it , it says NKB604 This number is stamped onto a machined area on the drivers side on rear of block.

  • will547
    Apr 15, 2018 at 12:27 PM

  • Please post the engine numbers and I might be able to get an answer for you on weather the motor is internally or externally balanced.

Sign in to comment.

Find Your Street Rod

For Sale

Connect With Us


Quick Links