- 0 Views Create A New Thread
SHARE THIS THREAD
StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.
Nov 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM
Yep, Flaming River..........
Jim, 410 535 1933
Nov 8, 2018 at 8:06 AM
If you can't find a seventies GM donor car column, go Flaming River.
DO NOT WELD joints or shafts. Circa 1987, bought a '31 Ford pheaton. Tammy, Paul, Rosina, & Jim cruized from Ft Lauderdale to the South Beach strip in Miami, back up I-95......back home tried to make a left into parking space.....NOOOOO = kept going straight !!! Welded shaft broke !!
Jim, School of Hot Rod Hard Knocks since 1957
Nov 1, 2018 at 7:18 PM
- I need a column that is 35" long.
Oct 31, 2018 at 7:46 AM
- I shorten my GM column to get my arms in the correct comfortable position. not much room in a 30's truck cab ,of course it was not polished stainless or chrome .is that the factory dash location? looks like it could be raised to an inch of the windshield or lower your seat
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:11 PM
- I like idit better. just me Buddy
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:46 AM
- flaming river !!!
Oct 24, 2018 at 11:00 PM
- I would try to find a column out of a older model chevy truck or van. They are longer then the one you have so that would put it farther away from the dash if that is the distance you want. Find one that does not have the square box for the turning signal lever. They are out there with just the round column. You will need to buy a bracket for the dash and they come in different lengths so you can space it away from the dash the distant you want. You can get the bracket on ebay, yokies or most any rod shop. If you go with ididit or flaming river you can also get the length you want.
Oct 24, 2018 at 8:54 PM
- this column is out of 1983 AMC Eagle. It's to short for my liking, to close to the dash.
Oct 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM
- What’s wrong with what’s there? I have a similar GM column in my ‘48 Ford, tilt and dimmer switch on the column, with a Camaro sub frame. If you want to make it pretty, paint it to match, after market wheel and maybe even some aftermarket levers to replace the stock ones. Nothing wrong with a stock GM column. If you really want an aftermarket one, then ididit or Flaming River. The cheap ones from China have weak plastic u-joints in the tilt mechanism that can break. There was a link to those a while back but I can’t find it. Maybe someone else has it.
Oct 24, 2018 at 11:22 AM
- Don't buy a cheap column from China!
Sign in to comment.