Trying to identify a fiberglass body car
Jan 7, 2021 10:28 AM - 169 Views Create A New Thread
I recently purchased a '34 Ford Cabriolet fiberglass body car. I am trying to find out who made the body.
There are a lot of '34 Ford fiberglass body manufacturers out there and I'm trying to identify mine. I was told that it was a Wescott body but after talking to them, they do not make Cabriolets, only roadsters. I emailed Scott at ScottRods and he said that they bought the mold for the Downs cabriolet body but they have not made one yet and he didn't know where Downs would have left their mark. If anyone reading this has a fiberglass cabriolet and you know where the manufacturer put their label, tag, sticker, etc,, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the location in the car. Thank you.
SHARE THIS THREAD
StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.
Jan 14, 2021 at 8:33 AM
Howard Eihll, Windsor Fiberglass, made a '34 Ford cabriolet. He only makes a '33-4 Ford 2" chopped 3w. Great body. Mine in this pic.........
Jim, 410 474 2244
Jan 14, 2021 at 8:28 AM
If your car chopped ? Downs only made chopped cars with slanted A pillar .
Does it have 1X1 steel ?
Jim 410 535 1933
Jan 14, 2021 at 8:19 AM
Wescott's was the first to use 1" X 1" steel reinforcement, excellent products. We did a '32 Ford pheaton circa 1980 on aTCI chassis. We are a TCI dealer.
Downs was excellent. Old faithful has 142,000 miles and not a crack in the body, TCI chassis. 23 Downs bodies have come down our driveway. We were a dealer
Outlaw Performance is the ultimate quality. Barb's first body was a '34-5 Chevy 3 window built by Tony Minotti in his fiberglass boat body plant. Then '32 3w Ford, '34 Ford roadster and 3w, 2 dr, , 34 Chevy 2 dr, 34 Chevy std sedan delivery, '41 Willys coupe. We were a dealer.
If there is no steel reinforcement in the body, move on.
Jim, School of Hot Rod Hard Knocks since 1957
410 535 1933, 410 535 1932
Jan 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM
- Thanks for the info. I guess that it doesn’t really matter what company built the body. It’s a good car and I’m continuing with improvements to make it mine.
Jan 10, 2021 at 11:48 AM
- the one i had was built in canada. I built a Downs chevy coupe it didnt have any markings in it. Downs and outlaw both biult ford and and doens also did a chevy cabriolet. Be Bops-glassworks also builds a ford cabriolet.I have found that a lot of them build stuff they dont advertise. Good luck Buddy
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:11 PM
- But, Outlaw made Chevrolet's . Down's is the one that made them but I thought they did 32"s I have never seen any tags on bodies and have done a lot of them ! Good luck ! Buddy Green had a red one maybe he'll chime in !
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:41 AM
- Hi Willie, a friend of mine has an "Outlaw" body and there is a label laminated into the fiberglass under the dash, left side. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:30 AM
- I have never been able to locate a tag or sticker on any of the glass bodies. Please post a photo someone may be able to help if they see it. Thanks Willie Moore Streetrodding
Sign in to comment.